17 Oct Sound Bath
Have you ever tried this experience? It is a total immersion in cascades of vibrant sounds, emitted by ancestral and sacred instruments, connected to the elements of Nature: Water, Air, Earth, and Fire. Unconventional instruments from different traditions, which were used in rites and ceremonies, to celebrate important moments.
In particular, we mostly use Tibetan Singing Bowls: also known as Himalayan bowls, Tibetan singing bowls are said to promote relaxation and offer powerful healing properties including stress relief.
A Tibetan singing bowl is a type of bowl that vibrates and produces a rich, deep tone when played.
Buddhist monks have long used Tibetan singing bowls in meditation practice.
The potential benefits of Tibetan singing bowls are:
- Stress relief: Some research supports the use of Tibetan singing bowls as a way to promote relaxation and reduce feelings of anxiety.
- Improving sleep: Because singing bowl therapy has been linked to decreased anxiety and tension, it may be helpful for improving sleep.
- Lowering blood pressure: A preliminary study published in the American Journal of Health Promotion in 2014 examined the benefits of starting a directed relaxation session with 12 minutes of singing bowl sounds.
- Stimulating the immune system: Some also claim that Tibetan singing bowls can stimulate the immune system and produce beneficial changes in brain waves.
- Pain relief: One study looking at chronic spinal pain found that people treated with singing bowl therapy experienced significantly decreased pain intensity as well as decreased stress.
- Balancing and harmonizing the body: Many proponents claim that the vibrations of a singing bowl can produce beneficial changes in the body by “harmonizing” the cells and balancing the body’s energy system.
All you have to do is completely relax your body and mind and let yourself be carried away on an unparalleled sensory journey!